Open Letter to Punkvoter
Revealing the lies, inaccuracies, and ignorance of punkvoter.com
1) If the Iraq war was waged for oil, then why am I still paying $1.67/gallon for gas?
Punkvoter attacks Bush's military record
2) If you are against campaign finance reform then how can you be such big fans of MoveOn.org, the anti-Bush/pro-Democrat site funded by billionaire George Soros who is using a loophole in campaign finance reform to donate millions of dollars to defeat Bush?
3) Will you support John Kerry if he runs against Bush, even though Kerry once firmly believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? (He said, "Why is Saddam Hussein attempting to develop nuclear weapons when most nations don't even try? ... According to intelligence, Iraq has chemical and biological weapons ... Iraq is developing unmanned aerial vehicles capable of delivering chemical and biological warfare agents...")
4) Why did you try to link Bush to the Texas redistricting controversy when that was done by other people? Did you not even read the article that you posted which specifically stated the Bush administration was not involved?
5) With terrorism as our #1 issue, why do you not make an issue of it?
6) If you think the media is "mindlessly regurgitating Bush's line" (as Justin Sane of Anti-Flag says) then why do you quote them so much?
7) Why did you try to blame Bush when a Michigan high school student was disciplined for wearing an anti-Bush shirt to school? And why did you spin a similar story of an Ohio high school student who wore a Fat Wreck Chords "Not My President" shirt who was questioned by the Secret Service? Why did you leave out the fact that the student drew crosshairs on the president's face? Why did you not mention that what he did was, and always has been, illegal?
8) Why do you consider a ban on partial-birth abortion right wing zealotry when an overwhelming majority of Americans are for such a ban?
9) Why do you accuse Bush of bullying his opponents and calling detesters unpatriotic or traitors? Can you provide the exact quote? Because I've never heard him say that. Can I consider it bullying when you call him an "idiot son of an asshole", or a "gangsta", or "stupid", "evil", a "vicious idiot", or that "he speaks like he still uses a dribble cup and is fit for a bib"? Are you then hypocrites?
10) If you represents "punks", and punk is based on do-it-yourself principles, then why do you support alot of policies that give government power over individual choice (nationalized health care, campaign finance reform; and opposing tax free savings plans and individual control of unemployment benefits)?
In Punkvoter's Feb 13 post they all of a sudden care about military service even though the bands involved in this propaganda tool have a history of being anti-military, skeptical of its purpose, and for its dismantlement.
Punkvoter spins David Kay story
Now Punkvoter has hopped on the bandwagon of bashing Bush for serving in the National Guard during the Vietnam war. The conspiracy theory is that Bush's father, who was a congressman at the time, pulled some strings to get him in the Guard. The "theory" goes further and claims that Bush didn't even show up for duty.
This "theory" was already discounted a few days ago when Bush's press secretary presented pay stubs and dental examination records proving that Bush was paid and present for Guard duty. But apparently proof isn't enough for those who consistently avoid logic.
When you work, do you get paid? Yes. If you don't work do you still get paid? No. So if Bush got paid it means he worked, right? Yes, but apparently not so to the Punkvoter crowd, the same people who see no value in "work" anyway.
Punkvoter also included in their post Michael Moore's "Open Letter To President Bush" which also attacks Bush for his Guard service. Maybe I'll disect Moore's ignorant and conspiratorial questions some other time but just keep in mind that Michael Moore is NOT a very credible source of information. MooreWatch.com has been doing a good job of that anyway.
The mainstream media has already largely dropped this story because it has turned out to not be a story. There is NO PROOF that Bush was AWOL and there IS proof that he SERVED. But Punkvoter will do anything to discredit Bush that they'll continue to spread misinformation and accuse Bush of not participating in the military which they themselves are adamantly against.
David Kay was the arms inspector assigned to find WMD in Iraq. He didn't find any and testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee about what happened and what went wrong.
Punkvoter gets Drake Univ subpoena all wrong
Facts: David Kay initially believed Iraq had WMD. All of our intelligence showed that Iraq had it. Most of Congress believed it, including Democrats and John Kerry too!
So if there weren't any WMD, where was the failure? With INTELLIGENCE.
Does Punkvoter believe that? No! To them it's Bush's fault, not matter what, as you can tell by this post, just another attempt at misinforming the youth. They fail to mention that INTELLIGENCE is what is suspected to have failed.
Do I think Iraq had WMDs? Yes. They used to have them. As mentioned before, EVERYONE knew it. Here are some quotes from leading DEMOCRATS who knew Iraq had them (but now claim Iraq never had them):
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." -- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.
So what happened? If YOU had 8 months (the time elapsed from when the UN issued their 17th and final resolution until the US finally invaded Iraq), what would YOU have done with them?
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has 10 times since 1983." -- Sandy Berger, national security adviser to President Clinton, Feb. 18, 1998.
"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction program." -- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry and others, Oct. 9, 1998.
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Dec. 16, 1998.
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy, Sept. 27, 2002.
Punkvoter has made another post full of blatant misinformation. Not only do they attempt to link a reasonable law enforcement investigation to a grand conspiracy of government censorship but they try to blame President Bush and Attorney General John Ashcroft for it.
John Feldmann NOT targeted by Patriot Act
There was a protest recently at Drake University during which a protester was accused of assaulting a peace officer. Also some protesters trespessed onto local property at the nearby Iowa National Guard headquarters. Federal prosecutors are investigating these matters and have issued subpoenas ordering the university to turn over records on the event's organizers.
As part of their conspiracy rhetoric Punkvoter stated: "These court orders and secret investigations are being conducted to scare you into conforming – do not let them fool you!"
Now after reading the FACTS that I have posted (which were pulled from the very articles that Punkvoter linked to), does it sound like the government is stifling dissent, or simply conducting an investigation of CRIMES that happened at the protest?
Where are Bush and Ashcroft in this? They are not involved. Punkvoter is IGNORANT for saying "Wake up to what Bushcroft is truly doing to your brothers and sisters who are speaking out!" (BTW these protesters are not my brothers and sisters. Some of them are criminals, that is the purpose of this investigation.)
The geniuses at Punkvoter either did not bother to read the entire articles OR they purposely left this information out. Once again, more misinformation from Punkvoter.com.
In his punkvoter column John Feldmann of the band Goldfinger recounts the story of how the FBI raided his home searching for evidence linking him to an act of vandalism. It appears that Feldmann was wrongly suspected for graffitti that was tagged on the house of an LA animal shelter manager Jerry Greenwalt. Feldmann is an outspoken critic of Greenwalt whom he accuses of killing "50,000 innocent puppies and kittens every year for $150,000 a year salary, paid by tax dollars."
How well off America really is
It's too bad that this had to happen to Feldmann but he accused the Patriot Act of giving the FBI authority to do this to him. The article's purpose is to attack the Patriot Act and US Attorney General John Ashcroft (the piece is titled "Personal Encounter with Ashcroft's FBI"). However, this had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PATRIOT ACT! This is what the FBI does. They do it all the time. It's just too bad they had a bad lead in this case.
(Credit goes to Dr. Balls for pointing this one out. His site is hysterical and he points out stuff like this alot. He even did a really good analysis of the Patriot Act that I recommend for people not familiar with it.)
Punkvoter paints a picture of a disasterous economy and massive unemployment. But right now the unemployment rate is at 5.6%. Compare that to the rest of the world and you'll see just how well off we really are:
Welcome to the Punkvoter lies...
(As of Jan 04)
Don't let punkvoter fool you by stating how many jobs have been lost in the past 4 years. In January they quoted an article stating "America has lost 2.2 million jobs since 2000". But how many have been gained? In January alone 112,000 jobs were created (source).
Hi. My name is Stacey. I'm fed up with the propaganda spread by Punkvoter.com. Their objective to educate young people about politics is being muddied by their hatred for the Bush Republican adminstration. Most of the information on their website is false or misleading. The site's contributors are in or involved with the punk music scene and this is supposed to make them credible, but their statements expose how ingorant and biased they are.
In this blog I will counter Punkvoter's propaganda. I will counter their lies with facts and correct their misleading statements. I'll approach this website completely unbiased.
To be fair you should be aware of my views. I am mostly conservative with some liberal views. I was not old enough to vote in 2000 but this year I will vote to reelect Bush. I don't disagree with everything Punkvoter stands for. I actually do agree with their stands on some issues and I'm not completely thrilled with the Bush administration. However I think realistically and I know that the #1 problem right now is terrorism and unlike Punkvoter I don't believe in a massive Bush-oil-media conspiracy.
Thanks for visiting. I'll update soon.